a few reasons why I like August

1:41:00 PM


Reason #1: Jack is due this month! It seems like ages since I've been wishing I could respond to people's "When are you due?" questions with "This month."

Reason #2: Raspberries. Raspberries are my all-time favorite fruit. They are in season in August, so that means they are cheaper! I just wish I knew someone with raspberry bushes and an overflow of raspberries so I could pick the extras. Luckily, there is a little fruit stand by Robert's work, and I get to go and get raspberries when I drop Robert off.

Reason #3: Pancakes. Okay, that's really a summer thing, but I had pancakes for breakfast, so I was thinking about it. Yum Yum. One summer, when I was in high school, I was in charge of breakfast almost every morning during the summer. It was a very fun little job and I made pancakes pretty much every morning.

My dad has a very great pancake recipe that seems to get great reviews, so at the risk of making people think that I'm an awesome cook (sadly, I'm not as good as I would like to be...), here is the delicious recipe.

Daddy's pancakes

1 cup milk

1 egg

3 tablespoons cooking oil


Combine in a bowl or a blender and blend.


2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar


Add these to the liquid mixture and blend again.


1 cup flour


Add the flour and mix well.

Pour onto a preheated grill or frying pan. (about 375 degrees or when the water dances on the grill)
When the bubbles start to pop in the dough, flip the pancake. When it is brownish on the other side, it is done!

Makes about 6.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. wow those look way good rach! pretty sure we're now having breakfast for dinner tonight... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I like the name Jack. It helps that I like a boy named Jack, but the name has really grown on me and I think its adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest