color forecasting

11:20:00 PM

I love fashion. I love color. Despite the fact that fall season is already in full swing and color trends are already noticeable, I wanted to share my favorite colors that are big this fall.

#1: Raspberry Red. According to fashion trendsetter, the Pantone Fashion Color Report calls it Aurora Red. This is a beautiful spin off of the traditional red- just a little more pink than brown. I love it!

#2: Dusty Lilac. The Color Report calls it Withered Rose. It's just a very muted pinky violet. So beautiful and soft.

#3: Light Navy. Not in any real prediction chart other than the suggestion of it being a key neutral. I've always loved Navy, but a lighter shade freshens it up.

#4: Chartreuse. Again, this one doesn't hit any of the charts, and I haven't really seen it in the stores, but what a beautiful color combination with the Raspberry, Lilac or Navy. Too bad this color isn't for everyone either (me included).



Last spring the big color break was Canary Yellow, Kelly Green and Cobalt Blue with Black to offset it. I think that Yellow was the star of the show which is too bad because I can't pull off a super bright yellow.

I decided to look and see what's in store for next spring and I'm quite excited. As cool as the traffic colors were last spring, this spring, they are more muted and flattering to more people.
Here are some cool color stories: Chic, Classic, Casual.

I took some of my favorites from these (yes I messed with the color stories), and made one of my own. It actually looks a little fall-ish to me (probably because I just kept a lot of my favorite colors similare to the ones in fall). Notice how the versions of the Raspberry and Navy are still there? Yay! The only problem: where is spring pink?

And for all you with the fun bright yellow, blue and green- don't worry, they're still big colors for next spring.

In New York, we went to Color Association USA and learned about how they forecast all the future colors for Women's, Men's, Children's and Interiors fashion. They gather a group of very observant people who analyze trends. They come from many different backgrounds but come together with lists of colors and actual objects to base their forecasting. Cool huh?

information from fashiontrendsetter

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I Love those colors! Which reminds me. We still need to get together and paint! so you can teach me your ways. What days are good for you??

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest