rolls

10:52:00 PM



I was looking through my labels, and noticed that there is only one for recipes. Because of how often I cook, I probably shouldn't have even put a label of recipes, but for some reason I did.

Anyway, there is one thing that I can make. Right after my freshman year, I moved to an apartment complex with a girl who was a very good cook. She gave me her delicious roll recipe and I used it every week my sophomore year. I had this recipe memorized, but now since I've had a nine month break from doing anything with the hot oven, I have forgotten the recipe. I did, however find a good one, and that is the one I will post. I got it from some place online, but I figure that since I'll use my dad's instructions instead of what the recipe says, I don't have to figure out where I got it from.
Yummy Rolls
  • 1 cup milk (110 degrees F) note: since I have to do the dishes, and don't like cleaning scalded milk, I usually just use 1/2 cup hot water, and 1/2 milk
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature (haha, margarine)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 4 cups flour
  • 3 teaspoons yeast
  1. Put the butter, milk and sugar in a bowl. Add the yeast and let it bubble a little. note: today I had to nurse Jack right before I put the yeast in, and the mixture was too cold. I put some warm water in a cup and put the yeast in that. It tastes pretty much the same, you just use more flour.
  2. Add the eggs.
  3. Add the salt after the yeast has germinated some. (My dad told me that salt can stop or slow down the germination, so you don't want to cut it off as soon as you put the yeast in.)
  4. Put a cup of flour and and begin to stir with a spoon. Continue to add flour until it is too hard to stir. Put in another cup or so of flour and start kneading/mixing with your hands. Add flour until the dough is just slightly sticky, but it pulls away from your fingers. (You'll know when because at first, your hands will be all doughy, but as you add flour, it will start to come off your hands. It is ready when most of the dough is off your hands.)
  5. Let rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
  6. Grease a pan, and begin to form into roll shapes. (My dad taught me a cool way to do it, so I may post a video on how if anyone is interested.)
  7. Let rise for a while longer, then pop them in the oven at 375 degrees. My rolls take exactly 15 minutes, but who can tell with a mustard yellow oven from the 1970's.
  8. Tada! You're done! Eat and enjoy.
Sometimes I put little goodies in the rolls. Usually it's tuna fish and cheese. So yummy!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hey, these rolls looked just like yours! They tasted amazing. And I love the pics of Jack!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest