Fairy Party

12:35:00 PM


I was checking all of my favorite design blogs the other day and what did I see but someone asking for suggestions for a fairy birthday party! Totally up my alley. I always want to go to fairy tea parties in the library, but realize that it would look funny to go without a little girl. I've always wanted to throw a party, but I'm not sure who to invite. I'm a little obsessed with fairies, and I don't know many people who feel the same way I do.

Anyway, I threw together some pictures and came up with these ideas:

This table setting basically consists of a gorgeous Amy Butler tablecloth (well, a hemmed piece of fabric), wooden bowls to hold little treats, brown and green partyware, and a beautiful centerpiece of pink gerbera daisies. Ideally, I would want acorn looking teacups, but I couldn't find them anywhere.
cute mushroom crafts

When I was little, our favorite birthday party game was "Dance Freeze." Pretty, much you just get to dance around and when the music stops, everyone freezes. If someone moves a little or keeps dancing, they're out.
The idea behind the mushrooms is fairy rings. It is said that when you find a circle of mushrooms, it is called a fairy ring. Fairies and elves supposedly dance around in circles and create these fairy rings.
Little mushrooms on the ground and little girls dancing would be very fitting for a fairy party.
I found the darling colorful wooden mushrooms here. Or, if you would like more budget friendly mushrooms, make some out of colored paper.
fairy fun, party ideas, fairy crafts

Any mommy planning a fairy party needs to refer to this book. It is full of awesome ideas for a fairy party. It tells you how to make pixie dust, fairy crowns and fairy wings. It also has some recipes of little fairy foods.

Also, every fairy friend should go home with something fairy. Be it fairy wings, pixie dust or a crown.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I wish I was in Utah and we could plan a fairy party for Annabelle and then Jack and Joseph could come as princes or boy fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were too! That would be a fun party, and we could see each other.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest