Vintage Movie Star Fashionistas

10:25:00 PM

If you're like me, you will watch movies over and over again just to study the styles and fashion shown in the movie (especially vintage ones!). Luckily, I have a lot of sisters who will do this with me because it's not Rob's most favorite activity.

My top vintage fashionista movie stars:


1. Grace Kelly: Grace Kelly has such a classic and beautiful style. I don't believe I have seen a movie in which I didn't like her outfit.

Some favorite Grace Kelly movies for fashion:
  • Rear Window
  • Dial M. for Murder
  • High Society
  • To Catch a Thief


2. Ginger Rogers: The 1930's is pretty much my favorite era. Ginger Rogers has such beautiful flowing dresses to dance in. I can't say I've loved every one of her outfits, but she is definitely always wearing serious haute couture.

Good Ginger Rogers fashion movies:
  • Top Hat
  • Swing Time
  • The Gay Divorcee
  • Shall we dance

3. Audrey Hepburn: I'm not a fan of all her movies, but definitely her clothes. Her style is so timeless.

Favorite fashion movies with Audrey:
  • Roman Holiday
  • Sabrina
  • My Fair Lady


4. Norma Shearer: Some of the early 1930's movies are a little out of control, but I love how Norma Shearer dresses.

Favorite fashion movies with Norma:
  • The Women (If you are into vintage fashion, you have to watch this movie before you die. It even has a color fashion show!)
  • Marie Antionette (Wonderful movie. Just heart wrenching!)
Some other great fashionista movie stars are: Claudette Cobert, Betty Davis, Irene Dunn, Lana Turner, Kathryn Hepburn, Barbara Stanwyck

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest