Santa's cookies

9:25:00 AM


A couple years ago, a cute girl in my sewing class brought cookies for all of us to eat on her birthday. They were so delicious, I had her give me the recipe. Ever since, they've been the only sugar cookies I make. I realized as I was making some earlier last week, that they would be perfect Santa cookies (and Mrs. Claus). Here's the recipe:


Soft Sugar Cookies

makes: 2-3 dozen
oven: 350 degrees

1/2 cup soft butter (or 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup margarine)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in remaining ingredients.

3 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Sift together and add to the creamed mixture. Mix until blended.

Roll to 1/4 inch thickness and cut. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around the edges.

Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Butter Cream Frosting

1/2 cup soft butter
3-4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3-5 tablespoons evaporated milk (or milk, it's just not as creamy)

Mix butter, about 2 cups sugar, vanilla and 3 tablespoons milk until smooth.

Gradually add enough sugar and/or milk until frosting is of spreading consistency. You want a nice creamy flavor- not too sweet and sugary.


Happy cookie making!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh my goodness Rachel, I'm so glad you posted this! When you gave me those cookies, I vowed to get the recipe from you because they are so delicious. So thank you! And thanks for the cookies - they were so yummy and didn't last long!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest