sleep=blogging

11:46:00 AM

So, I woke up from Jack's crying this morning at 5 am. Not 12:30, then 2, then 3:30, then 5 and so on until I finally got out of bed. This is the first time I've slept 5 hours straight in probably 3 weeks. I feel especially rested this morning and since I got out of bed at 9:30 instead of 11:30, I think I will blog.

A month ago, I posted a list of very ambitious goals. I didn't think they were ambitious at the time, but now I know for a fact that they were too ambitious for me. I have finished 4 1/2 of the project goals and 1 of the study goals. The food goals?... obviously my last priority... again.

I have been especially stressed and busy this Christmas season. I'm surprised, because it is the first time in 4 years that the season hasn't had the dooming cloud of finals. I feel more stressed than I did with finals. Rob says it is because of the lack of sleep. I have to agree with him. Little things are always harder when you aren't well rested.

For example, yesterday I took Rob to work and had to wake up at 7:30 am. Shouldn't be too bad, right? Wrong. I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast. I looked in the sink and the dishes were piled up. I almost cried because I felt to exhausted to have to deal with it. After I dropped Rob off and came home, I went back to bed and slept til 11:30. I woke up and the dishes weren't so burdensome- no tears at all. I finished them in 15 minutes.

Anyway, I don't have pictures yet of my few accomplishments, but I thought I would post one. I made felt finger puppets for my nephew James' Christmas present, and actually finished them in two nights! I was very persistent because felt spread all over the floor is very messy. They were a quick and fun project.



Jack likes these a lot too. I think I will make some more for him after Christmas.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest