vintage cowboy nursery complete!

7:09:00 PM


I finally finished Jack's bedding today. I know, I know... he's five months old now. Yes, it took long enough. After Christmas, I decided we would try to make him sleep exclusively in his bed. He's been rolling around a lot since Christmas and the bassinet just doesn't work anymore. I can't say it's been even close to an easy transition, but it still feels good to finally have most of his room put together. Back about eight months ago, when I started this process, I decided on a vintage cowboy theme. Here it is all done.


It was quite a time finding the harlequin vintage cowboy fabric. I found it just on Micheal Miller's website, but very few places actually sell this fabric. For the bumper pad and dust ruffle, I just used a blue stripe fabric and red polka-dot. I bought a cream sheet at Ross and used that for all the cream in the bedding- good quality and cheaper than buying yardage. I actually painted the sheets- so easy and fun to do. Get fabric paint here.

We bought the crib at a second hand store and refinished it in a creamy white. The basket full of toys is a vintage 50's basket that I will switch out when Jack starts messing with it. I love it though because it's lined with red and white polka-dots. I found two different cowboy hats from out of my sisters old closet. The brown one above the bed is a beautiful suede. The horses are by Schleich (very cool kid's toys).


I found a very old and beat-up book at a secondhand store about 3 years ago for 50 cents with fun pictures and kid songs in it. I cut these pictures out and framed them. The glass reflects, so I couldn't get a good picture of the actual framed pictures, but I just had to show you these darling pictures. My sister did a nautical-themed vintage room for her boy, and I gave her some super cute sailor boy pictures from the same book.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. O my goodness! That's adorable! What a happy lil cowboy he must be now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO IMPRESSED....I love that theme and it's not one you see everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok that is just too cute! my boy is almost a year and i have no theme for his room, way to be on top of things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jack's room. You did such a great job. Not suprising, because you Christensen girls have a knack for creativity. You surely have inspired me to get "crafty" again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so very creative and talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so dang creative! i absolutely LOVE it! so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are amazing! And so talented. Good job on getting it done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE IT! The whole thing turned out so cute! And I'd love to do lunch sometime! Just name the day! I miss having you here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is perfect Rachel! Every single piece! Now I wish I could sew. It is the cutest baby set up I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest