yummy fruit and blackberry muffins

1:24:00 PM


I went to the local grocery store on Saturday because a friend of mine told me of the great sales they were having on produce. I was so excited because I miss fruit so much when it's not in season. I canned some peaches last fall to help me hold out, but I didn't can very many and they are dwindling quickly.

Just look at all the deliciousness! I got blueberries and blackberries for 99 cents, strawberries for $1.25, a 10 lb bag of apples for $2.99 and bananas for 49 cents a pound. Those are awesome sales even when the fruit is in season! Yum for Macey's.

Robert made blueberry muffins with the blueberries. They were the best blueberry muffins I've ever had, so here is an adapted recipe from Mormon Pantry Family Dinner Cookbook.


Sweet Blueberry Muffins

1 large egg
1/2 c milk
1/4 c canola oil
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c blueberries (simmer in a pot with water for a minute or two)

Combine eggs, milk, and oil. Stir in baking powder, salt and sugar, then add flour. Stir dry ingredients in until just moist. Fold in blueberries.

Crumb Topping:
1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c softened butter

Mash together with a fork until it resembles coarse crumbs.

Pour muffin mixture into muffin pan and sprinkle with crumbs. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.

Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. those muffins look so good i'm jealous! now i want fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?? That's crazy. Last week I thought strawberries were like $3/lb at Maceys. I'm going to have to go check it out! If you ever want to make the drive, the Springville Reams always has AMAZING produce sales (like bananas 5lbs/$1,apples 69cents, etc.) but it's kind of far away. I usually go there about once/month to stock up. Anyway, we really miss fresh fruit too! ANOTHER reason to look forward to summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to add that book to our shelf! The muffins look o'-so-good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those muffins look amazing! What a man!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest