Just walked outside to get the mail

1:29:00 PM

and what did I see? The sun! It felt like it was 60 degrees outside. Are we sure the groundhog saw his shadow? Now, all the blinds are up so I can soak all the sunshine in. We seem to have been having good weather lately. Some of you may be thinking what took you so long to notice? Well, I've been very busy with family parties and Jack being sick. I met Robert's grandparents and two aunts for the first time last weekend. It was lovely to begin to get to know them. Jack has had a cold for the past two weeks. It hasn't been too big of a deal, but yesterday, he was REALLY sick. He had a fever, couldn't breathe and just wimpered for a lot of the day. I'm lucky he's a good baby although he was pretty much inconsolable at some points. He's doing much better now.


So, some spring projects? yes, but don't expect me to finish them all. I'm not very good at finishing things. Here are some projects I would like to do:

  • blue jersey knit dress
  • new church shoes for Jack (I have some old purses I will cut up and use) I'll use this pattern.
  • finish reupholstering rocking chair
  • plant flowers and vegetables
  • make some felt pillows (comme ça)
  • finish painting bedspread before Jack's mischief makes me unable to pull it out

I guess we'll see if I can do all that. I have recently done a few projects. (I'm trying to do really easy ones so they actually do get finished). I made a pencil skirt, three little speckled frogs finger puppets and a fun red flower headband.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. the radio said 58 degrees outside today, and that was around 2pm! I think you're right, it was like 60 today! so nice i agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the stardustshoe patterns to make Dante some shoes (while he was in my belly). Although, he won't be wearing them until six months old. I guess I could make the pattern smaller, but I figure he's still too young to wear shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should host a project day sometime...I mean you are just so crafty, we could all learn so much from you and your great taste.

    And YES, hello and welcome Mr. Sun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, did the sun stay in Utah. We had a good day, then wind and cold came in with a vengeance. Today was better again.
    Also, you will always be a happy mom, because you find ways to use your talents at home. Using your talents always brings joy.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest