baby burp cloth

11:54:00 PM

In my quest for easy projects, I decided to finish some burp cloths I started when I was pregnant. I bought some beautiful Beatrix Potter toile when I didn't know the gender of my baby. I've had it packed away for a while, but I pulled it out to finish it for a friend who had a little girl a few days ago.


Soooo easy. All you do is cut out two pieces for each side of the burp cloth. Pin the 1/2"-5/8" ric-rac between each piece and stitch around leaving 2 inches open. Stich 1/4" away from edge. Turn inside out and pull ric-rac around the edges. Pin around edges again, folding in the hole. Edge stitch around the burp cloth and you're done!

Supplies for two burp cloths:
1/3 yard soft flannel
1/3 yard coordinating soft flannel
1 package of 1/2"-5/8" ric-rac

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Everything you touch is beautiful, even a burp cloth. And I don't have great memories with burp clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern you chose. I used various bright pinks of amoose, when I had Cosette. I never finished them w/ her, but I use them now for Dante. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest