Happy Mothers Day

2:56:00 PM

For the last of the elephant series, I wanted to include a picture from Dumbo for mother's day.

For some reason the song,"Baby Mine" has always been close to my heart. I get teared up whenever I see this scene. It is so tender and it expresses such a loving relationship between a mother and her child. The mother gives her baby such sweet and soothing touches and her beautiful lullaby makes me so glad that I can experience that too:

Baby mine, don't you cry
Baby mine, dry your eyes
Rest your head close to my heart
Never to part, baby of mine

From your head to your toes
You're not much, goodness knows
But you're so precious to me
Cute as can be, baby of mine

I feel so blessed to be a mother. I love my little boy so much. This is my first Mother's Day actually being a mother and I never knew how much work it was (I still have a long way to go, I know). Although motherhood is challenging, it is one of the most rewarding blessings I've had. I continue to learn how important and wonderful motherhood is and hope that I can also continue to improve.

Thank you to my wonderful mother. She has been such a wonderful teacher and example. I love her so much. Also thank you to all the other mother figures in my life: grandmothers, mother-in-law, aunts. And thank you to all of you wonderful moms. You are all such examples to me.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love that song too. YOu do have an excellent mother and I have no doubt that you will be the same way. I can still see you carrying Matt around like you guys were connected at the hip.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest