what a schedule can do

10:59:00 PM

So, lately I have been slacking in my sewing projects. I got very burnt-out from April, and I am trying to get over it.

Do you ever feel you have so-o-o much to do that it completely overwhelms you and you don't even make a dent in your list? You feel so busy, but really you're just thinking about all the stuff you should be doing. Yeah, that's how I feel with sewing. I finally made a list today and assigned an hour amount to each project. The total came to 32 hours for things I want to finish in the next month. I figure if I set aside about an hour or two a day, I can maybe finish it all.

So, as I have been avoiding the sewing machine, I have filled my life with many other wonderful activities. After nine months, I finally came to realize that I really needed to set a schedule. If you would have told me that I needed one five months ago, I would have agreed with you, (I even tried one.) but that was in the winter, and I couldn't start my day with a lovely morning walk and I was waking up four times a night. While my body is still getting used to the idea of sleeping through the night, the schedule makes me feel so much better.

It started with a few tries of sleep training. We've really been trying to get Jack to sleep through the night for about a month now, but this week, we got earplugs and it finally worked for real. Since I had the potential to sleep through the night (although my body is still getting used to the idea), I felt I could kick the tired yuckiness by going to bed on time, and waking up at a reasonable time of day. We eat breakfast together, water the garden, go on a walk, clean the house, and shower/bathe. The rest of the day is more flexible exept for naps and meals. Sometimes Jack sleeps in and I can get more done.

I have so much more energy now. I eat more healthily, exercise, make dinner, do the dishes (after a week of forcing myself to do them, I finally don't feel like I have to shower when I'm done), and enjoy nature through walks and gardening. Jack eats better and it seems like he is happier because I am.

Anyway, this post doesn't really have a point but to share my new and improved week. By no means was it perfect, but it was much nicer.

Here is a picture of some stunning red poppies we saw on a walk:

I have determined to paint a picture of these poppies as well as make a skirt to imitate them. (It would probably have to be a fairy skirt.)

We also passed by a beautiful rose bush filled with my favorite color(s) of rose:


The way the colors blend together so perfectly amazes me. These kinds of roses are so cheerful.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. We all have those spurts of not getting anything done, but feeling so overwhelmed that we again, don't get anything done. And I agree a schedule makes a big difference, as we discussed the other day. You are doing great and you are a great mother/wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, it's so funny how accomplishing little things can be so fulfilling. I used to make a list of every little thing that I'd done that day because babies force you to be so flexible that you rarely acomplish anything big. I am seriously impressed with your new try at a schedule.I love the flowers. I hope you do paint or sew something that reminds you of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if my comment went through. Congrats on your schedule.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest