a dress a day

2:42:00 PM


As I was searching for cool sewing blogs the other day, I came across "A Dress A Day." I have not read extensively yet, but I did find this wonderful pattern. I would have guessed the date to be about 1939, but apparently it's 1951. I'm not crazy am I? The shoulders look kind of broad ('40's), but the skirt flows and is soft ('30's). I guess the length is what makes it later. Anyway, it's lovely, and even in my size. I'll have to make it and get myself invited to a fancy dinner party. :)


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I'll make you a hairpiece like the one with the polka dot dress.

    We can be fancy together.

    By the way- I bought ostrich, peacock, and pheasant feathers galore at Good Earth. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you making it in brown polka dots? I will be sewing pioneer skirts this week. We go to Martin's Cove in 1 1/2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your blog is awesome, rad, great, super fabulous, I don't even get on the computer everyday and I never spend much time, on it either. This fall I'm going to do better and check your blog more often. It is really fun! I love you, mom

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest