Peach Cobbler

10:29:00 PM

easy recipe, peach dessert

It is wonderful peach season finally! I love peaches. Last weekend, we made a trip to my home town and we made a detour just to go through a lovely little town full of fruit stands. I bought a bag of peaches and was so anxious to eat them, but sadly, I left them at my parent's house. (lucky for them :)) It's a good thing I'm canning peaches with my sister tomorrow.

Because this delicious fruit is in season, we've been having a lot of peach cobbler. This is my very favorite recipe of peach cobbler. It even surpasses my usually preferred peach crisp.

Peach Cobbler

1/4 cup butter melted
1 cup granulated sugar (Sometimes I divide and use half white sugar and half brown sugar- this makes for a delicious caramel flavor.)
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cinnamon
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3-4 ripe peaches peeled and thinly sliced (or a drained quart of canned peaches)

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

Pour melted butter into a 2 quart baking dish (11x7 or 8x8). In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir to blend. Stir in the milk and vanilla. pour batter over melted butter and arrange peach slices on the batter (or dump them- whichever you choose).

Bake for 25-30 minutes. The top will be browned and the cake will begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

Enjoy peach season!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i love your peach cobbler! you made it one time in your big deep white dish, (corningware one?) and that day i remembering it being the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your peach cobbler too! It was for my birthday when we all had it and it was way better than any cake

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest