Mother Nature Costume

9:56:00 PM

It's finally done! I figured it all out, and it was all ready for the Halloween Party we went to last night.




Here's the front: rainbow sash made from tulle, purple velvety petals, a flowery shirt, and some feathers.



Here's the back: the sky and clouds along with some leaves and vines.



I had so much fun making the butterflies because I thought they ended up looking very real. Just crepe paper (from a streamer) with pipe cleaners. I liked drawing the designs on the wings.



I wrapped a piece of zebra fabric around my leg and wore fuchsia tights (so many of my flowers were this color this summer) and silver shoes.

Not pictured (because I forgot to put them on for the picture), I wore a shell necklace, turquoise stones, and orange leaf earrings.

I tried to include as much as I could think of. I think if I would have had more time, I would have done a little more- scales or a fin somewhere and maybe some more leaves. I think it would have been cool to glue some sort of caterpillar to my arm, but that wasn't really practical with a one-year-old.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. oh my goodness rachel! you are just too creative for me, you guys look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those fuchsia tights. They are going to look great with that dress you got at macy's. These costumes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the costume, you look absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest