summer in the middle of winter

2:06:00 PM

Happy February! I don't know that I've ever thought to say that ever in my life, but today, the sun is shining. It is warm. It feels so nice out I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a crocus popping up out of the ground... except it is February. That would be pretty crazy.

Although it is the middle of the winter, I'm feeling summery today. Maybe it's because yesterday we watched Rob's family home videos of a beautiful summer in 1990 (20 years ago?!). Maybe it's because I get to pull out my tulip bulbs soon and plant them so they might bloom early. But the weather definitely has something to do with it.

Well, I have to share this summery feeling with you. I found pretty much the cutest swimsuit ever. Now, it's for a little boy, but don't be wary. It's super cool and retro and I think I will make one for Jack this summer.

 

Maybe vintage is more appropriate since the shape of these suits is reminiscent of the 1890's. But aren't they so cute?! Of course a French clothing company came up with these: Du Pareil...au même (which basically means "makes no difference.") They have some other extremely beautiful children's clothes on their website which surprisingly, cost about the same as Children's Place or Crazy 8. They have some pretty sweet sales like Gymboree too. Not bad considering France is the fashion capital of the world! 

Sorry. I go on and on when I'm excited about something. Anyway, I hope you all feel a bit of sunshine creeping in. Hopefully it won't make you too impatient for the grass to start being green again and little signs of life starting to show! Happy February!


Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest