apologies for being mia

12:05:00 AM

Just wanted to check in really quick to explain the lack of posts- pretty much, I'm really busy. Mostly, I'm working on a book of the transcription of my great-grandfather's L.D.S. mission. This has included transcribing, collecting, formatting and learning a new program (InDesign). Let's just say that by the end of this, I could make another book in half the time hopefully- just from learning from trial and error. I'm also finishing up teaching a sewing class, and trying to be more social during the day so Jack can learn how to have friends. :)

Projects? I've been starting a lot of them, but finishing? Not yet. The main project I've been working on is a Moses basket. I wish I could tell you that it has been very fun and terribly rewarding, but honestly, it's not worth it. Now, if I were reading this, I don't think it would stop me from trying if I was very determined. To try to stop you from doing it, here are some of my complaints: my shoulders are very tense from sewing on the canvas I'm using, I've broken five needles, and I think the timing is now off on my machine. I'm in the middle of the last step. Tonight I told Rob that there seems to be nothing fun about this project. Okay, well, there was one thing fun: I learned how to braid with four strands. I'm using braided canvas for the handles. I think an industrial sewing machine would fix most of the problems, so if you have access to one, go ahead and make a Moses basket!

After the Moses basket is done, I have the mattress, sheet and bumper liner left to do. I've also picked out colors for the kids' room when they share- very excited about that. I also have some very pretty baby blankets ready to whip up. I have some baby clothes and maternity clothes to get in as well. (is it worth it to make a whole maternity shirt with only 2 1/2 months left? haven't decided yet.) I'm thinking by the end of the week, I'll finally get to some of these projects, but we'll see. Jack is sick, so hopefully, I don't get it, or if I do, I'll just feel the same because I'm nauseated a lot of the time anyway.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Rachel, I got 2 new shirts when I had only about a month left. I wasn't sure if I should either, but it was SO WORTH IT. Seriously. Looking forward to seeing your projects, but don't over do it! Also, my kids are sharing a room and it's great, we should chat about it sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest