fabric moses basket

3:27:00 PM


I finally finished it... about 3 days ago. It was a pretty hard project, but I'm pleased with the outcome, and I'm glad that I didn't lose steam completely. I'd like to try it again someday and see if it would be more enjoyable with a little more know-how and the correct tools.



The base of the Moses basket is made of stiff interfacing, stiff yellow canvas, a soft white canvas and wire hangers. The base was the torturous part. I related part of the torture here. :) (I can smile about it now.)



The lining, mattress and sheet weren't bad at all although I still slowed things down with guesswork on the structuring of the mattress. It is held down with velcro. I do love the whimsical colors and the vintage fabric.



I love the braided handles too. Just a four-stranded braid made out of the same soft canvas as the base. They were really fun to make.

I'm excited to use it now that it's finally done!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest