Independence Day Celebrations

11:36:00 PM

I promised to share some of the party for the 4th of July, so here was our Saturday. First thing in the morning, we left with Rob's sister to see the hot-air balloons lift off, but unfortunately it was too windy to actually let them go. My sister then came down with her family to join in the festivities. After a little rest, we headed to the center of town. Downtown, there was a little area that focused on the historical side of the celebrations. They had a mini museum and lots of little booths with people dressed up in Colonial clothes doing fun Colonial activities. We quickly walked through some more of the festival where bands were playing, and there were fun booths with crafts and delicious food for sale. 

I would have liked to go all out for the holiday. I've seen lots of great ideas for food and crafts all around the web, but truthfully, it was nice just to attend something that had already been all planned out. With a month to go til the baby comes, my energy has pretty much depleted. I was actually surprised I was able to do as much as I did.

 Here are a few pictures.


hot-air balloons first thing in the morning


Hello Sunshine!


Mom and Jack
 

Laura and Jack


printer fashioned after the Gutenberg press



This is what they were printing.



handmade American flag made by Betsy Ross' great-granddaughter Sarah M. Wilson


This is my sister's sweet new baby. He's so cute.


The girls stopped to make lavender sachets. I love the smell of lavender... especially when I'm pregnant. Have you ever had lavender lemonade? yum.


The boys liked watching this man make lead bullets.


It was a fun-filled day.


 Photobucket

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love the pig balloon. Too bad we didn't get to see it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! I'm excited to see you guys next FHE! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest