felt finger puppets

12:28:00 AM


I made some felt finger puppets a few years ago for my nephew, and my cousin was interested in the pattern so she could make some for her darling little boy. I thought I would post the pattern here for anyone else who may be interested. (Print without changing the size.) I also made three of the frogs (with added spots) for Jack so we could sing the "Three Little Speckled Frogs" song. He loved it.

I didn't go into any detail about how to do the stitches. You can find specifics on embroidery stitches here.

This is a perfect project for Christmastime. You can watch one of your favorite Christmas movies AND make Christmas presents! Talk about efficient. :)

Speaking of favorite Christmas movies. Have you seen Christmas in Connecticut (1945)? Not very well-known, but I'd call it a must-see.

UPDATE: I have made a pattern for a giraffe finger puppet too. You can find it here.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hi! I love these finger puppets! Thank you so much for sharing!

    I linked back here in a post I did on a round-up of cute finger puppet patterns and I plan to make a whole set for my daughter who loves finger puppets right now!

    http://www.feltwithlovedesigns.com/2013/07/21/links-with-love-free-finger-puppet-patterns/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just discovered how much fun it is to make finger puppets - I made some turkeys for some of my g-nephews for our (Canadian) Thanksgiving - I'm already addicted to this fun and new-to-me craft. So finding your adorable puppets and free tutorials have made my day - thank you for sharing these! I need to get more felt in more colours, for more puppets - good thing I have lots of small rellies and small neighbours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finger puppet is a perfect selection of toy for your kids and perfect for Christmas time.
    puppets for sale
    http://www.marionettes-puppets.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just the cutest & I've enjoyed making them so much. This was actually the first time I tried making finger puppets but I got addicted very quick. Thanks for sharing your patterns, the ones I made are going for such a wonderful cause http://www.crafthope.com/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest