Easter Parade

3:22:00 PM


Growing up, my family had a tradition of getting new dresses every spring/Easter. My mom usually made the dresses. Looking back, I don't know how. All I managed to squeak out this year was a skirt for myself. It was long overdue. I have this problem: every time I see a cute skirt somewhere, I just can't bring myself to buy it because I am convinced that I can make it for a fraction of the cost. This has recently resulted in a major lack of skirts which is a problem when you're nursing. I finally finished one and decided to include it in my Easter outfit.

Shirt: Old Navy, Scarf: scrap piece of ribbing, Belt: Mom's old belt from college, Shoes: thrifted, necklace: birthday present from Mom

I called out to my sisters about using a striped shirt and got a general consensus that it worked. I felt a little daring wearing it to church and realized that the no-fear, up-to-date Rachel I knew five years ago has turned into a mom. :)


Speaking of being a mom...


The kiddies. And, no, I didn't make a single thing... other than them I guess.

Did you have a good Easter? Ours was wonderful. Although we were by ourselves, we really enjoyed relaxing together and felt so much gratitude for out Savior.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. okay, that is super cute! I am impressed. Where did you get that fabric?!? Lovin it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, why don't you live close to me? I really want to sew summer clothes for the kids. You did better than me by taking Easter pictures. I didn't take one picture. I love it, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admired that skirt when you guys had us over for dinner, I didn't realize you had made it. I guess I should have known. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest