boxwood wreath

7:57:00 PM



Last fall, I became interested in boxwood wreaths. After a little research I found that they are very expensive to buy! I found a way to make them instead, so I gave it a try. It takes a while to make your own, but if you can find a place to keep a bucket of branches out of the way, it's worth it! I used my mom's very overgrown boxwood bushes, two bottles of glycerin and floral spray paint. See how to make them here.



I made three for our bay window. I also made faux roman shades for the window as well. I'm totally in love with the fabric and could have found even more uses for it if I'd bought twice as much. It's too bad I went back to the store a few weeks after I bought the fabric and it was gone! Darn it.



Our house is slowly coming together. After we decorated for Christmas we all finally began feeling like it was really becoming a home. Now I'm nervous to take the decorations down and go back to our sparse decorations. I guess it takes time though. I'm trying to get as much done as I can before the baby comes and before gardening consumes my life again. :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You are so talented! I am sure your house already looks fantastic! I am looking forward to seeing the other projects you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very beautiful window treatment! I think it matches your bay window and gives it a much-needed charm. And I love that little wreath in the center. Maybe you can replace it with other decorations based on the occasion. [Marla Hinds]

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest