diy angry birds game

9:45:00 PM

So the other day, Jack began the day by asking me for an Angry Birds game he saw in the store. Upon further research, I concluded that any retail sold with the name "Angry Birds" on it is very overpriced. Of course, I may not appreciate it completely because (here's the confession) I've never played Angry Birds before, but I just didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a dinky game.


"How about you make one out of fabric, Mommy!" I get requests like this often. I guess it's my fault because I give in to half of them, drop everything and make whatever it is. This morning, however, I did NOT want to spend my day making an Angry Birds game, so I kind of pushed it off.

Luckily, Jack's creativity kicked in and he came up with different ideas that were quick and easy. He found a slingshot thing in Rob's junk drawer, and a finger puppet Angry Bird he got at a birthday party.


After Jack asked me to make the green guys from fabric, I replied, "We'll just have to get some green balls another day and make them."

"How about some Easter eggs!"

Well, it was kind of perfect.


With a sharpie, sticky paper, tape and a penny, we got the job done and pulled out the blocks. We realized that this would work for the other birds as well if we wanted to go all out.

Jack and his Angry Bird face
It was the preferred game of the weekend for him! But really, who wouldn't like tossing a bird at a bunch of blocks and wobbly green guys?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Um, I can't believe he thought of that himself. He's creative! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest