Hallowe'en

9:43:00 PM



Halloween is almost here! While I'm totally a fan of dressing up in costume and eating chocolate, I am not a fan of very spooky, gross, or creepy things. But isn't that what Halloween is about?! Not exactly--The day was originally dedicated to remembering the dead. These dead are hallowed people or saints.

Crazy how traditions can change over the course of time, right!?

Well, I've been trying to beef up my Halloween decor because my kids are begging for a spooky house. I can't just throw any spooky thing up though, especially if I'm not a fan of spooky things in the first place. I've found a few ideas that I like on pinterest. See my board here.

Earlier this year, I came across a Halloween print that I actually found whimsical and fun (Haunted Gala by Moda). I paired that with a free vintage embroidery pattern, and came up with my spookiest decoration. :)


For any linguists interested, the apostrophe in the word Halloween actually has meaning. Here is a little rundown of how the holiday has been written over time.
  • All Hallows' Eve
  • Hallows' Evening (as in the sun is evening with the horizon)
  • Hallows' Even
  • Hallowe'en
  • Halloween

Happy Halloween!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest