Testimony

5:04:00 PM



I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. I know that his apostles are also prophets of God. They receive revelation from our Father in Heaven to lead His church. I know this.

I also know that there have been times in my life when I have received revelation for my family. As my husband and I have gone to the Lord, He has asked us to do some very hard things. Things we didn't understand all of the reasoning to. At times, only parts of the revelations made sense. Sometimes a lot of it didn't make sense to us.

We have had to trust that the Lord is all knowing. We are his children. He loves us and asks us to trust him. In a smaller, but similar way, we do this with our own children. When we acted on some of the inspiration we have received, it has been hard, really hard. I have not always been necessarily cheerful about it. Looking back, I can see that I had no reason to kick and scream. I am in a better place. The Lord has led and guided us in ways I couldn't have imagined. The Lord has opened my mind to how he works.

I hope as I continue to be asked to do hard things by the Lord or his prophets, I can accept that I know a lot less than I think I know. I am a child of God, but I am just that--a child. I hope I can take it as an opportunity to come to Him and learn more.

Above is a photo of my mother's mom and dad. A while back, we recorded some stories and thoughts from my Grandpa. This little dissertation has reminded me to better trust the Lord.

click on the link above to hear the dissertation

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Rachel, I have always appreciated your testimony. There were times early on in high school when I really relied on it while I got my young life figured out. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach, I just discovered this gem! I love Grandpa's testimony. God really is the smartest man in the Universe with our best interests in mind. I need more faith in Him.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Pinterest