Fluffy Gluten-Free Pancakes10:00:00 AM
Those who know me, know that I'm not one who loves being in the kitchen. Some may also know that I have a wheat sensitivity, so I've been exploring gluten-free food options. You may also know, that my husband is good at cooking and he is where this recipe comes from. :)
Fluffy Gluten Free Pancakesmakes 8 medium pancakes
- 1 cup of 1-to-1 gluten-free flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients together. *I've learned that sifting is REALLY important when baking with gluten free flours. It helps prevent it from being grainy.
- Separate eggs and beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add butter, egg yolks and milk to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold egg whites into pancake mixture.
- Scoop batter onto griddle (about 1/3 cup batter each pancake) and cook until a few of the bubbles pop on the top. Flip and cook until light brown.
- Serve with your favorite pancake toppings.